How to Get the Best Roulette Odds
Questions like “How to win at roulette”, “How to beat the house” and similar have been asked by gamblers all around the world forever. The only real answer to all those is “You can’t”. House edge is something that is going to exist no matter how much money is invest or how many spins were rolled. But there are some tips and tricks that may allow you to have higher winning odds over other players! Not odds of beating the house, but odds of being one of those who is going to make cash and allow others to provide the house with their edge.
Fundamental tips are:
- Get familiar with how the game works
- What types of machines exist
- Do’s and Don’ts
Roulette seems like a very simple gambling game, but it is in fact very complex and fun. It is consisted of:
- Stake table
At first it is that simple, all gamblers place their bets on the universal table (one used by everyone), wheel spins, ball lands on one of the 37 or 38 possibilities and those who win get paid immediately. The first step holds all of the philosophy, as once the wheel spins, there is no going back.
Play European Roulette
Before placing bets and enjoying the game itself, it is important to choose a great casino. Our recommendation is to go at http://roulettessgames.com/real-money-roulette/ and choose one of the available games such as the Mini Roulette or Live version.
But since we are talking about creating the best odds, it is recommended to go for the European version. Reason being that the American roulette has one additional number that is green – a double zero.
A double zero field is the only reason why European has an advantage when it comes to odds, as the American version has a higher house edge by approximately 2-3%. That is huge considering that the player himself cannot affect the odds too much.
The numbers are divided into three colors:
- Red – Even numbers
- Black – Odd numbers
- Green – Zero and double zero
Gambling odd and even is equal to gambling red and black. It is very important to note that the zero is neither odd nor even, and that is what gives the house an edge. Colors double up the stake, while 1/12 (dozen) bets triple it. If the particular number on which you placed some chips is picked, the award is equal to x36.
For further information and explanation about the European – American roulette difference make sure to check http://www.roulettessgames.com/difference-between-european-and-american-roulette/.
Best Odd Beating Strategies
You might think that winning prizes in a game of roulette completely relies on luck, and that is true but not 100%, as there are some types of bets you can make each roll that may result in a nice profit overtime.
Some of the most popular schemes are:
- The Magic 8 – Requires a player to keep track of the 8 previously landed numbers, which is pretty easy to do especially when playing online. The only requirement is to wait for one more spin and then bet on the number that appeared 9 rounds ago. If that does not work, simply use two numbers next time, adding the following one in the sequence. Can be done with 11 numbers.
- The Martingale – A well-known strategy where the player is placing chips only on fields that offer the 50/50 odds of winning (color, 1-18 and 19-36, odds and evens). The goal is to simply double the stake amount each round, until the outcome is positive. Once you win, simply restart the process.
- The Fibonacci Sequence strategy – Requires the knowledge of the famous Fibonacci Sequence. Simply use bets following the sequence, but go 2 steps forward if you lose and one backwards if you win. That is a little bit more risky, as the maximum possible investment for one roll can be reached fairly quickly compared to the other strategies.
- The DÁlembert’s scheme – Starts with a unique number of chips placed at the 50/50 fields. Increment the amount by one if you lose, or decrease by 1 if won. Recommended for those who are willing to spend a lot of time, as it will take some time before the profit is noticeable.
Keep in mind that these are not the only strategies, as there are tens if not hundreds available online, so try looking for one that suits your playing style the best, or even come up with one yourself!
The most important thing is not to forget that roulette is a gambling machine at the end of the day. No matter how experienced you are, or which strategy you use, the house edge is always going to exist.
These are some of the things that are much more important than trying to “beat the odds” or make a fortune:
- Do not bet more than you are willing to lose
- Extend the available bankroll
- Gamble responsibly
- Have fun and enjoy the process
- Try out games for free before depositing
- Use bonuses
There are roulette variations other than European and American:
- Multi Wheel
- Double Ball
- Mini Roulette
Do not be afraid to try them out, as most casinos in the UK and all around the world are offering free versions or at least demo’s, where for 24 hours or few days newly registered users may try out different machines. Even if that is not an option, bonuses are always available, and with the No Sign Up or No Deposit bonus anyone can start playing roulette for real money, without any personal investments.
Live versions give a land roulette experience, where you can interact with dealers, tip them and have a nice chat. Mobile roulette is very popular these days, as most software development companies optimize their games in a way that they look great even on smaller or older mobile devices.