French roulette is one of the three variations of roulette which is most commonly played by the French people. However, this does not mean that this would act as a hindrance to the other players who want to indulge in this game as its characteristics are similar to the other two kinds. It has the same wheel as the European wheel. It can be differentiated from the European one by having a look at the table. The sections of the French table are colored in red and the language used is French.
The players need to acquire chips which can be used for betting before they can begin to play. The assistance of a croupier is essential as they also act as a dealer in the game. The croupier is responsible for getting all the bets and then giving away the winnings to the players.
Further Details about the French Roulette
Betting strategy known as “call bets” are specifically used only in French roulette. These bets enhance the winning chances of a player in a game. With the advancement in technology, the online roulette casinos are also becoming quite popular.
The wheel has a total of 37 slots which are numbered and includes all the number from 1 to 36 and 0 which is green. All the numbers oscillate from the colors red to black as the wheel moves around.
One of the most interesting facts about the roulette wheel is that when all the numbers of the wheels are added together, they come to a total of 666 which is the number of the beast. It is for this reason that this game is known as the devil’s game.
French Roulette Rules
Either of the below-listed rules can be found being followed at the Roulette casinos.
- En Prison – This rule is put into action when the ball lands into the slot of zero and you have made a bet on the even chance of money like the odd/even or red/black. By this rule, your stake will remain on the table even for the next spin. In case, the bet lands in the proper slot, your stake will be returned.
- La Partage – Similar to the rule of En Prison, this one is applied when the ball lands in the zero slot and you have bet an even shot of money. With this rule, you can get half of your stake back.
Types of Bets
All types of standard betting options that are present in any of the wheels are present in the French roulette too along with some extra types of stakes. There are two main categories in this game which the players can take advantage of namely inside and outside bets:
- The inside ones are placed on adjacent numbers, a single number or a small group of numbers.
- The outside ones, on the other hand, include a large group of numbers.
Listed below are few of the bets that are included in the inside and outside bets:
- Straight-Up – This can be placed on any of single numbers including 0 and the number directly. The payout is from 35 to 1.
- Split – Two of the adjacent numbers are featured here, and the bet is placed on the line which falls between these numbers. This kind of bet also includes 0 and 1, 0 and 2 as well as 0 and 3. The payout is between 17 and 1.
- Street – All the three numbers in a row are featured, and the bet is placed on the line which is present at the end of the row. The payouts are from 11 to 1.
- Column Bet – The entire column is featured here, and the bet is placed in the box towards the end of specific columns.
- Bet on Color – All the red numbers or the black numbers are featured, and the layout can be placed on the red or the black diamond. The payout is from 1 to 1.
- Bet on Odd/Even – All even and the odd numbers are featured, and the layout is placed on the impaired box or paired box. The payout is from 1 to 1.
One can play and win online roulette casino for real money by keeping in mind the following tips:
- By placing even money paying wages so as to guarantee the lowest edge house.
- By playing for lower stakes and keeping a level head.
- By watching out for special bonuses and promotions of the French roulette.
- By joining the casino comp club which will help to get some extra value when playing for real money.
Roulette is quite a popular game and some experience can help in making the player an expert in this game.