Live Roulette Online Guide
In today’s world of computers, smartphones and other varieties of gadgets, traditional games like poker and roulette are being pushed aside by online gaming and online casino games. However, thanks to to the game developers, who are clearly among traditional casino game lovers, today one has a possibility of playing those games online, for free or for real money in many, many casinos.
One can play online roulette at https://roulettessgames.com/real-money-roulette/, and we recommend one to start with a Classic Roulette until he gains enough experience to switch to, for example, Multi Wheel Roulette. But first a few words about the roulette in general, for those not familiar with the game at all.
Roulette is a French word that stands for “little wheel”. It contains a set of numbers counting from 0 to 36. A player can place his bet in many ways, he can bet on a single number, or on the range of numbers, on the colours (red or black), or whether the chosen number is odd or even and at last are the numbers high (19-36) or low (0-18).
The winning colour or number is determined by the spinning ball, which spins in the opposite direction from the spinning wheel. The ball eventually loses its spinning speed and stops on one of the fields with a certain number written on it.
Roulette Numbers Layout
As said above, the numbers go from 0 to 36. The sequence is as follows:
- Odd numbers are red, and even numbers are black in sequences from 1 to 10 and from 19 to 28.
- Odd numbers are black, and even numbers are red in sequences from 11 to 18 and 29 to 36.
- There is a green filled containing number 0 (in American roulette there is a second green field with two zeros (00 – a double zero mark)).
- Numbered fields order sequences for both single-zero and double-zero roulette tables one can find at roulettessgames.com.
Types of Bets
In an online roulette game, one can place various types of wagers which is a great advantage as not only high rollers can play at online roulette casinos.
There are two major types, inside and outside bets, which further get divided into subtypes, each one of them containing five options (types of bets).
An inside bet can take a form of Straight, Split, Corner, Street of Three Line or Six Line.
- Straight: one places a wager on the single number by putting a certain chip on a field that corresponds to the chosen number.
- Split: you bet on two adjoining numbers by placing a chip on the line between them.
- Corner: you bet on four numbers that form a square by placing his chip on the cross between those numbers.
- Street of Three Line: players bet on three consecutive numbers on a horizontal line by putting a chip in the leftmost place on the outer line of those numbers.
- Six Line: one wagers on six adjacent numbers concurrently by placing a chip on the T-junction between chosen numbers.
The options for the outside bets are Column, Dozen, Odd or Even, High or Low and Red or Black.
- Column: one selects one of three vertical rows (left, middle and right) by putting a chip in a box that lies at the bottom of the chosen row. That means that one bets on 12 numbers simultaneously.
- Dozen: you wager on 12 number in three successive rows by putting a chip in defined fields: 1st on 12, 2nd on 12 and 3rd on 12.
- Odd or Even: you bet whether there will be odd or even numbers
- High or Low: one puts a stake either on the large (19-36) or the low (0-18) numbers.
- Red or Black: in place of picking and betting numbers, one chooses between those two colours.
Another useful thing to know for a roulette beginner would be the odds ratio for basic types of bets individually. That cognition could prove to be profitable in risk evaluation of the next move (hand, wager), especially when one is playing for real money.
The odds ratio for different types of bets ranges from 1:1 up to 35:1. 1:1 ratio one can come across while betting on High or Low, Odd or even or High or low options. Dozen and Column pay 2:1. Six line wagering carries a 5:1 ratio, next the Corner bet, offers a ratio of 8:1, Street bet pays 11:1, Split bet bring a payout of 17:1 and in the end Straight betting on one number only carries a notable ratio of 35:1!
European vs. American Roulette
Two kinds of online roulette exist; the European and the American type. Except for the differences in the colour of the chips, the table layouts and wheel positioning, the structure of the game itself also differs. The primary divergence distinctly lies in the number of zeros.
This version of a roulette contains just one zero. That brings a total of 37 fields and possible outcomes. The European roulette also has a betting feature named “En Prison” in which can a player potentially retrieve half of his bet amount playing even/odd game, but under a condition that the ball lands on 0. This brings the odds ratio to 50:50, which is why the European roulette has more equality between the player and the online casino.
As said above, it has two fields containing zero(s), one with a single zero and the other with a double zero mark, which could provide one advantage over the online casino. This type of roulette is widespread and well accepted across the US, the UK and even in the rest of Europe. Only a few online casinos stick to the traditional one-zero type.
Both types of this roulette can be found and played at roulettessgames.com, one of the best online casinos with various game types, for example, Mini Roulette and Double Ball Roulette. You can also discover a high diversity of all kinds of bonus offers waiting just behind the corner.