A Step-by-Step Guide to Roulette
One of the most recognizable symbols of the gambling world is the traditional French Roulette. If you have ever stepped into a casino house, you saw the big, glamorous wheel with numbers on it. The main goal is to guess where the ball will land on the wheel.
Do not get confused with the fact that some models have 37, and others 38 fields. It depends on the type of roulette. There are two major kinds: the standard European and the American one. Both are usually available free online so everyone can try them out. The European layout consists of fields numbered from 1 to 36, coloured in black or red, and one green field with the zero on it, while the US variant has an extra 00. Note that this solution almost doubles the house edge of the American wheel, and it is approximately 5.26%.
Types of Bets in Roulette
Next to the table, there is a betting area. Three columns with 12 rows, each with three numbers for players to choose from. There are several possibilities when it comes to wages, depending on the staking type. The inside bets actually stand for the ones on a specific number. Usually, they have better-paying odds:
- Straight Up. This is a single number betting paying from 35 to 1;
- Split. Two number wage that pays from 17 to 1. In this case, the chip should be placed so it is partially on any two numbers, either vertically or horizontally;
- Street/Line. Three numbers are involved (11 to 1). The coin should be put on the vertical line between inside and outside betting area;
- Corner/Quad. This is a four numbers type of a wage with 8 to 1 payment. It means the chip is on the intersection of four desired fields;
- Basket. This is a very risky kind of a stake when it comes to double zero type of a wheel, while the house edge is 7.89%. It pays 6 to 1 and stands for four number wage. 1, 2, 3, and zero;
- Double Street. This one covers six fields, with 5 to 1. The location of the chip is similar to the regular street but it also includes the upper or the row below.
On the other hand, the outside betting can be particularly interesting for the first-time gamblers:
- Colours. It covers red or black with 1 to 1 and in a way, it symbolizes the Classic Roulette;
- Even/Odd. Standard 1 to 1;
- Twelve. Another name for this kind of a wage is a Column bet. It includes twelve numbers with 2 to 1. As far as the chip location is concerned, it is in the special square at the end of one of three verticals;
- Dozen. 12 consecutive digits. There are specific places to put the coins, for instance, from 1 to 12, from 13 to 24, and from 25 to 36. If the ball lands on some of the green fields, the player loses. Otherwise, the payment is 2 to 1;
- High or Low. Those are used when a gambler tries to predict which value the ball is going to pass. For example, in French, “Manque” means that the spinning tool has failed to pass over 18. And the stake itself stands for 1 -18. The high betting is “Passe”, called like that because the wheel got over the 18 – from 19 to 36;
Online Roulette Gameplay
There are some simple rules one must comprehend before getting into action. The first step is, of course, to find the best table. Even though it looks like they are all the same, there is one major difference between them – the minimum and maximum possible stakes. The maximum amounts are often lower on inside wages. Also, when picking a table, do not be fooled by the fact that the previous results are highlighted so you think you can predict the next one. The odds always remain the same.
However, there are some roulette strategies which sometimes can make the journey to the prize a bit easier. Moreover, bookmakers often have bonus promotions that can be used only at the specific table, so watch out for that.
In roulette, the dealer, or the croupier, is the central person you follow. He spins the wheel, he marks the winnings, he deals the chips. When he drops the ball onto the wheel that is when all bets stop. After one round, first the losses are cleared off the map, and then the winners get paid.
Find the Best Rules for You
The basic requirements for this game are not so complicated, even though, they can differ depending on a particular house. When it comes to the European Roulette it is essential to have in mind additional rules, such as:
- En Prison. By this, a player gets two options if the ball lands on a zero. To reclaim only the half of the bet or to “in prison” it for the next spin. However, if the gambler does not win the second time, all of the money gets lost.
- La Partage. Quite similar to the first one, only without the extra option in case of a zero. The bettor simply loses half of the previous stake.
When playing the real money roulette have in mind that there is a catch with chips. Every of the maximum six players gets a specific chip colour at the beginning, so the dealer can recognize to whom each colour belongs.
Have in mind that gamblers can get various monetary denominations. Do not mix this with UK pounds or US dollars. What this basically means is that if you are at the table where the minimum is £10, you can ask £1 jettons. After you choose the chip value, the dealer will mark it and put it on the top of the rail.
When the gambler does not want to play anymore, he/she hands all the remaining coins to the croupier and gets regular casino chips in return. That way he/she can proceed trying out other interesting games the casino offers.